Wednesday, July 30, 2008

WEDNESDAY, JULY30

Another great day of ministry! VBS and the music and drama classes have begun to come togehter. The sports ministry has hit the local deportivo (sports park) to play futbol, basketball, and volleyball and share the gospel. I played soccer for two straight hours yesterday and am feeling all of my 43 years today.

Today the mime team went to the deportiva and performed the ¨Via Dolorsa¨skit after we got several pick-up games going. We miss all of you and really feel the prayers!

Papa Jones


Alabada sea Dios! (Praise be to God!) I cannot believe that I am here and doing so many things that are so unlike me. God has really given me the strength to serve in many capacities and keep up (kinda) with all these teenagers! Just a small sampling of what I have done today - translate Spanish to English, teach a Bible story in Spanish, translate English to Spanish for JJ´s devotional and for guitar classes and ended up teaching guitar as well. Actually I don´t play the guitar but after translating so much for Hudson I was able to help his newest student with the basics. Thanks for all your prayers because I can truly say "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Joy Sanchez




Hello everyone!! most of you guys probably don't know me, but my name is Nicole AKA Alicia. I am the the Williams daughter. So anyways this week in the afternoon i am helping out translating for the drama team. Normally we have another mexican leader help out who also takes control of things. So today she wasn't there to help the drama class. We were all did not know what to do. So then while i was explaining to the kids the skit; kevin,Marissa,Jaclyn went outside to pray. Then at the begining when we were trying to get them to bring in their own ideas and they wouldn't so we were a bit frustrated. Then a few miinutes later things started to change. The kids started to give their own ideas and got really excited about the skit. So God helped us explain to the kids the skit and have a goodf time with them as well.

Nicole

Hey yall! Wow God has really blessed this mission trip. It is so encouraging to see so many kids except Christ. Just today a group of us TSMAC kids and I preformed a mime about the crucifixion of Christ. After seeing the skit 28 kids and youth accepted Jesus as their savior!
Ryan



As I posted in my other blog, we had to learn a new drama on Sunday, and I never would have imagined the impact it would have on the Mexicans and on myself. The skit dipicts the final day of Jesus, and after learning it in about an hour we had to put on our make-up and perform it in front of the youth. After we finished, we thought we were done, but man were we mistaken! We were asked to perform it again in the middle of a park in front of a lot of people. I was a little nervous about performing it in public, but was very encouraged as I sawhow attentive the people, young and old, were watching. After we were done, we learned that about 25 people accepted Christ. Praise God! I cannot wait to see what else God has in store for us.

Daniel

4 comments:

Dave said...

It is just sooooooo cool to hear how God is blessing this trip and how he is using the unique gifts that each of you brings in such powerful ways. Praise be to God for the awesome work of His hand! I miss you guys so much- I can't wait to see you all and hear first hand how God moved in you personally. He has truly brought you there for such a time as this! I love you guys! -- Dave

Dana said...

WOW! It is incredible to hear how God is using you all in such a powerful way. I love hearing how He is using your specific gifts to grow His kingdom. Glory to His holy name. I love you all and am praying for humility, unity, and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
Dana

Lindsee said...

Ummmm...I'm gonna need to see this new skit y'all are speaking of upon your return! Like seriously, it sounds amazing. It sounds like God is working in huge ways and is far exceeding y'alls expectations. (Or lack there of!) How awesome. HE IS mighty to save!

Amen-

Lindsee

Amy E. said...

God is showing Himself in powerful ways to you guys and His people in Mexico! We continue to pray for you and are so excited each day to see what He's doing in and through you guys. Press on in these last couple of days. Keep your eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of your faith.
Can't wait to hear from you when you return.
Blessings!
Amy