Tuesday, July 29, 2008

TUESDAY, JULY 29

HOALA TODOS
I think i have spoken more spanish these past days than i have my whole life. Its been insanely fun and injoyable and incredibley powerful. Thank you so much for all your payers and gifts, please pray for my mother and I that we will be strong and have energy for the rest of this week and allso for the trip we will continue on with Jose and Valarie Perez. Another important prayer is for my mother, Myriam and I as we will be teaching bible study for the kids in the vacation bible school.
Con Mucho Amor
Mariana SAnchez



Hey guys! This is my first time to ever blog, so here goes......this has been an incredible three days. The church we are serving in has been very welcoming. The people have an unmatched love for God and a huge desire to see their nation come to know Him. They are tireless in their endless pursuit to bring in neighbors and friends. It is a joy to work with them, but also very humbling. I consider how complacent I have become in reaching my world for Christ. Please continue to pray for hearts to be touched by the hand of God through us, His servants.

Sonya



Hello once again! Today was almost the complete opposite of yesterday. I saw God working early in the morning when He allowed all of us to get more sleep than usual and the Williams´ even brought us yogurt for some extra protein! During VBS, instead of helping with the older kids, Elissa and I were able to go help with the 40-50 little ones. That was a tremendous experience for me because those kids are so easily satisfied. I simply spun one little girl around and around for ten minutes, and she kept on repeating, ¨Otra vez,¨ or ¨Another time!¨ Building relationships with those kids made me feel somewhat more useful and I really got to practice my Spanish, despite several giggles if I accidentally said the wrong thing. The music time in the afternoon went really well. Two girls, Ali and Yvonne, can sing an entire song IN ENGLISH! Also, during the programs today, 13 people accepted Jesus Christ. What a blessing! God has been working within the team as well. Relationships are growing and blossoming like never before. Thank you all for your prayers. Mom, I´m not supposed to be checking my e-mail, so I´m sorry I haven´t responded. Ben, Joe, and I are doing fantastic. Pray that we will continue to get good rest and have energy! We love you all. Oh, and Stephen, Ben says you can play his bass. Love you!
-Jane

Today was a great day! VBS went great despite the personal fustration of being told one thing, then a minute later getting told something diffrent. Unlike the past 3 days we actually got some down time to rest and just hang out with eachother. MUCH NEEDED!! In the afternoons the sports team went to the local park in Chima and today we played Futbol or soccer as we like to call it. It was a blast. We showed up with a few kids from the church and ended up with over 25 people playing or playing volleyball. My win for the day was I scored 2 goals in Mexico! Overall the sports event went well today and tomorrow we are putting on a program where some of us will share our testimony and a guy from the church will share the gospel. That is all for now.I am excited to see what God has in store for us for the rest of the week.
*Lindsee, the universal sign for ¨i got a tickle¨is now not just one finger, but all 5 down here in Mexico! *
-mary



5 comments:

JanetD said...

Praise God for His blessings! How awesome it has been to read what's going on each day- to see how God is working and providing each little need- sleep, rest, relationships, encouragement, even yogurt! We will be continuing to pray for you all. Love, Janet

Sam Eddy said...

It is wonderful to see what God can do in spite of all our shortcomings. it would seem we at times have to be taken away from what we find comfortable to see how He can really work through us. I pray he continues to work through and in you.

Sam Eddy

Unknown said...

jj
when you get this can you call me please?
love and miss you
anna

Unknown said...

hey dad! hope ya'll r having a great time! (did you get me something?!)
luv and miss ya!
kels

Lindsee Lou said...

Y'all are awesome!

Mary, we'll have to change that universal sign "officially" when you get back! Thanks for letting me know, though. If not, I would have been universally lost for the rest of my life.

Love you all!

Praying!

Lindsee