Monday, July 28, 2008

MONDAY, JULY 28

Ecclisiastes 4:12 - A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. That verse has been a blessing to our team because we have had pretty crazy times. Our team has stayed one through all that we are asked to do and do it with no grumbling. We split into our teams quickly and quietly but had no idea what was coming next. We were given instructions that had a 90% chance of changing but we fully expected it. Even though some things have not gone our way, we do what God gives us to do. It has also been a blessing to me to be in the Everything skit and then sharing my testimony about the skit. I felt like God was standing next to our team and next to me when I was speaking. I have been fully blessed being here.
Kevyn



¡¡Hola!! < Thats about the only spanish I know!!! Even though the language barrier is ever present, God is really showing me that He can work through it and His will will be done no matter what the circumstances. As we got there they asked me and a couple of other team members to learn and perform a "mime" drama where we were showing the last day of Jesus life. It was very encouraging to see how intentive the kids were during the skit and see how many teens were affected by it without us even saying a word!!! Anyways its about 12:15 and im off to bed. Hope its hot in Houston because it feels GREAT being in 50 degree weather!
Daniel


Wow, what an amazing trip it´s been so far! It´s gone so smoothly compared to what I was expecting- especially with so many people, and the programs being new not only to us, but also to the church we´re serving. We´ve definitely had a few rough times, but when you see the beaming smiles on the Mexicans´ faces, it makes it all worth it! The kids and the Mexican workers are all so precious! It´s been such an honor to serve and work with them! We´ve been so incredibly blessed the entire trip. Thanks so much for your love and prayers!

Jaclyn


This trip so far has been a huge blessing and a precious experience in learning what it means to be a true disciple of Jesus (Matt. 28:18-20). In case many of you don´t know, this was the ¨Chima¨ church´s first time to put on anything for the youth of the area and it has gone well, compared to what I had imagined. I have truly found my joy in Christ by serving Him, even with the language barrier and some frustration with not being able to help out with anything. It just shows that God can use all times, good or bad, to bring about His will. Thank you so much for your continued support and prayers. I have felt the hand of God on me and know that He will continue to support and bless our entire team.
Joel

Another great day! VBS went very well, not knowing what to expect coming in. It looks like around 100 kids the first day. About 8-10 received Christ. After lunch, the music, drama, and sports classes got off to a rough start. But once a system was figured out, they were a huge blessing to the youth paricipating. The local youth will perform a song together as a band and perform skits toward the end of the week. Our students are using the time to help teach them English as well by teaching these classes. We'll also be able to share the Gospel as well during some of this time.

You see by their comments that God is doing some neat things. Thanks for your prayers and love. We certainly feel it.

JJ


What an incredible day today! God has been finding so many outlets and ways to use us. For me personally, today was the most discouraging. The lauguage barrier really hit me hard because I found it difficult to initiate conversation. The morning session went really well in terms of organization, but in the afternoon music camp, things were a little more unsure at first. None of the girl who wanted to sing spoke English and it was EXTREMELY awkward at first. Brianne, Loribeth, and I prayed about it and asked God to eliminate our frustration, and He did! We got to go in a separate room with the two girls who wanted to sing, and Denise came and translated while we taught them a song in English. God is also doing some amazing things spiritually. Keep us all in your prayers! More tomorrow!
-Jane

4 comments:

Dave said...

We are really praying for you guys. I praise God that He is working in such powerful ways. I know that language barrier is humbling, but God is bigger than that! I love you guys! Great to hear from all of you - I love to hear what God is doing in your individual lives! -Dave

Dana said...

I am so proud of all of you how you are going to God with your frustrations and needs. It is awesome to see how God is working and hearing all of the details of the week. My prayer for you today is for stamina, perseverance and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit. I love you all!
Dana

Lindsee said...

I am LOVING the individual updates! And I love that y'all are giving God everything as you go about your day. Like Dave said, HE IS bigger than your language barrier, so don't let satan use that to discourage you! Know that y'all are planting many seeds!

Praying for y'all! For unity, health, safety, and tons more!

Love you all!

Lindsee

StGuinness said...

ROCK -N- ROLL
You guys are rocking and rolling. If I rocked half as much as you guys roll I'd be a rockstar, but as of now I only dream of rollin with your rockocity. Rock on, fearless rockers!
Love, Adam