Friday, August 1, 2008

FRIDAY, AUGUST 1

Hey all, I don´t know how many will blog tonight, it might be in the am. It´s 1:30 am and we just got back. City traffic was gridlocked all over and we left Chima later than usual, saying goodbye. A two hour trip took almost twice as long and we were stuck in trffic at a standstill for over an hour. Manuel surprised us with a TGIFriday´s dinner and we just got back. Good final day, but ready to get home. If no one blogs tonight, maybe more in morning.

Dos Jota


Well Im going to have to keep this pretty short, considering it is 1:45 in morning. There are really no words to describe this week. It has been absolutely amazing and life changing. I came into the trip with a pretty bad attitude-I couldn´t see how God was going to use 30 something people who hardly knew each other.Last night God definetely proved me wrong and our whole group found unity in a circumstance filled with joy and sadness. I will never forget this week and I cant wait to see how God is going to continue to move in my life. Today was especially important/special/awesome for me because I finally shared my testimony. Ive been getting not-so-subtle hints from God that I need to share my life story, and I finally had the confidence and the faith to answer His call. I wont go into details, but lets just say that it was hard for me to condense a 8 year long story into 10 minutes. But amidst all of my lack of sleep and lack of ¨down time¨ I put together my full testimony for the first time ever. The process was defintely a healing one for me and I am so blessed that I was able to share God´s ultimate power and His truth, and hopefully I affected a few people along the way.
There is so much more to blog about, but I still have so many things to do before I go to bed. Thank you so much for all of your prayers!
--Marissa Moschetta



Hello all! Thank you so much for your continued prayers. I am SOOO excited to be heading home tomorrow, or should I say, later on today! God has done some incredible things through us here in Mexico. Most of the day, I felt very discouraged, but at the end when the program for the parents was over, the entire audience shared their thanks with us and all lined up to personally thank us. The girl who I had been teaching music to told me that I had left my fingerprints on her life and on the lives of many in Chimalhuacan. What a blessing to know that you made a difference in someone´s life! It was really hard saying Adios to the kids, but most reassured us that this will not be the last time we see them. I can´t wait to get home and share more things God has shown me! I also think my body is getting sick of this diet, so Mom, I hope you have something wonderful planned for dinner! Ben and Joe (Ben & Jerrys) are doing really well and we all can´t wait to get on that plane and see all of you. Thanks again for praying!
Much love,
Jane


This week has definately been such a reward and a blessing all because of God. The little faces of joy cupped in my hands as I would hold them in my arms was delightful and reaching out through drama showed me I can serve in a new way. God is amazing and I can honestly say He has done some work in my life this week. Worship last night was an unplanned miracle and it was so intense I could barely breathe. I have been searching for an answer to everything unseen, and I was blessed to see the eyes of God through our group. I have aqquired the sweet taste of God on my lips as I am able to praise him with my life. Refuge is a word I take with comparison; I feel safely and I am able to rest in His security. Receiving so many various kisses on the cheek out of gratitude made it all worth while. Laughter has been contageous and quickly pervading through the group like a disease. God has really worked so intensely this week and I will not be one to forget these experiences in the past few days!
-laurena jech


Hola again! Wow these past few days have been awesome. It started out wednesday morning at VBS when we had a hectic snack time. It was a frustrating point that was brought up later that night. The next day went very smoothly and it was definitely a God answered prayer. Thursday night was also very emotional. We started our time with our usual questions but soon found out about a loss of team members family member. The room lit up with love, joy, and tears. After a few moments of silence, another powerful thing was said and the room just broke down. The whole room was filled with God´s love through all the team members and it was definitely the most intense time I personally had ever experienced. A supernatural power was in the room with us and made us realize that no matter what we are still a team and nothing can break that.
Kevyn

1 comment:

!¡!¡!¡JoNaS GiRlS!¡!¡!¡ said...

hey people !!
Its me Nicole Labastida, Rafaels daughter i just want to tell u all we rally miss u and we want u back here in Mexico!
U made this summer the best ever !
I was so amazed with all the stuff that God was doing over here in Chima !
I was reading all the posts and Cody yourse was really good Im so glad with everything that God did this week in youre life !!
Hugs and best wishes to all off u !!
Love ya! All the Labastida Family but specially me LOL Nicole !
thanks for everything hope u like the poster !
well then goddbye !